Sunday, December 28, 2014

The red flag

Dustin was born on Saturday morning, April 15, 1989 the day after his daddy's birthday.  He was my first son after two daughters.  I had my tubes tied also.  It was a joyous fun time.  Enjoyed a few days in the hospital.  The day we were getting ready to leave, his pediatrician said the nurses in the nursery were concerned about whether he had a heart murmur.  His doctor suggested we take home a heart monitor for two months just for safety measures.  I wanted to, but I let my husband make the choice.  He chose not to take home a heart monitor. 

I took it for granted.  The doctor expressed his concern about his heart and suggested precautions that was not "required."  I took for granted I would never lose a child.  So I let my husband choose, meaning I would accept his choice.   He's the leader of our home.  Maybe I trusted God more than taking my baby for granted.  I just had my tubes tied!  I was done.  My family was complete!  We didn't take the heart monitor home....really?  Later it will be a choice regretted. 

To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment