Sunday, February 1, 2015

My children, husband & I had joy in our home!

Oldest sister Ila was spending time in Orlando with her grandma, aunt and uncle for the summer.  She was getting spoiled there.  Uncle James really loves his niece, Ila, and doted on her.

Butch, Paige and myself were going about our life with Dustin.  I would video every chance I had.  The teens would come over on the weekend and we would video with them too.  

Dustin was becoming a momma's boy too!  Really, probably moreso he became his sister Paige's baby doll.  Paige wanted to do everything. I would video her playing baby doll with Dustin too.  She loved pushing him in his stroller when we were outside. She was really a help outside because I laid in the sun to get a tan. 

Life was great.  I was 27 years old and my husband just turned 30.  He had a good job and I was able to be a stay at home mom.  That's the best blessing for a mom, and also for the family. 

The summer was great!  Now it's time to go get Ila from Orlando and bring her back home.  The day before we had to go was August 24, 1989.  This was a day with Dustin.  Just him and I went to the grocery store.  He would not stay in his seat while I shopped.  He insisted that I hold him and carry him while I shopped.  Of course momma held him so he wouldn't cry or fuss.  He would try to kiss my face a lot.  

On the drive home he cried the whole time in his car seat.  When I got to the dirt road to Griffin Lakes where I lived , I stopped the car and took him out of his seat and held him up on my chest while I drove the short distance to my house.  Dustin stopped crying when I held him. He kept trying to kiss me on my face again and it was so sweet.  

We got home and I started packing to get ready to go to Orlando the next day...



No comments:

Post a Comment